Dianne has been a midwife since 1983 and has taught about waterbirth since 1989. Her work has taken her all over the world, to Australia, China, United States, and India. She has written numerous articles with a new version of her book Revisiting Waterbirth—An Attitude to Care published in April 2017.
Dianne works as an expert witness and University lecturer, and maintains her clinical skills on a midwife-led and consultant unit at a local hospital. She is director for clinical governance at Waterbirth International and is a waterbirth consultant to Wenzhou Oriental maternity unit in China. In 2014 she became midwife advisor to Healthy Mother Wellness and Care Hyderabad India.
In 2005 Dianne became freelance to expand the roles within her company, www.midwifeexpert.com. Since this time Dianne has continued to work around the world and develop new roles and interests as:
- 2010 Trustee to APEC (Action on Preeclampsia)
- 2012 Appointed professional advisor to CQC
- 2013 Gentle birth guardian trainer
- 2014 Stakeholder for NICE UK
- 2014 Specialist advisor for Care Quality Commission
- 2018 Member, NSA advisory panel