Trauma and Healing is a collection of articles previously published by Midwifery Today that addresses trauma and abuse as they relate to pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. Abuse and trauma can affect both mothers and fathers and can happen before birth or during. This books discusses some of these situations, as well as offering strategies for preventing and overcoming such trauma through various means.
- Chapter 1: Healing the Trauma: Entering Motherhood with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Chapter 2: Psychological and Emotional Dystocia
- Chapter 3: Memorandum and Advice from an Abuse Survivor
- Chapter 4: In My Opinion: Birth as a Vehicle for Healing
- Chapter 5: Child Is Father to the Man: A Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse Speaks Out
- Chapter 6: Early Trauma, Its Potential Impact on the Childbearing Woman, and the Role of the Midwife
- Chapter 7: Creating the Space for Healing
- Chapter 8: Modifying Medical Procedure for the Trauma Survivor
- Chapter 9: Survivor Moms: Multiple Trauma Exposures and the Development of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Chapter 10: Solace for Mothers
- Chapter 11: Preventing and Healing Infant Birth Trauma
- Chapter 12: My Birth Trauma Story
- Chapter 13: PTSD and Obstetric Violence
- Chapter 14: What If Anything Were Possible?
- Chapter 15: Traumatic Birth as Fertile Ground for Growth
- Chapter 16: The Cost of Caring: Midwifery and Traumatic Stress
- Chapter 17: Easing the Trauma of Transport
- Chapter 18: Tools for Easing Grief and Birth Trauma
- Chapter 19: There You See It, There You Don’t?: Postpartum Depression
- Chapter 20: How Do You Work with Women Who Have Had Trauma in a Previous Birth or in Life?
Copyright 2020 Midwifery Today, Inc.
Published by Midwifery Today, Inc.