Save when you buy this item as part of the Beginning Midwives Package.
Are you thinking about becoming a midwife, but you’re not sure what kind of midwife you should be, or what training options would be best for you? Paths to Becoming a Midwife: Getting an Education is designed to help you answer these questions and sift through the various options available to aspiring midwives in the United States.
The fourth edition of this book includes several new articles on the various midwifery philosophies, new information on becoming an apprentice, dozens of recently updated articles, and a current directory of more than 150 schools, programs and other resources.
You’ll learn about:
- Getting started on your path to midwifery
- Midwifery politics and philosophies
- Becoming a direct entry midwife
- Becoming a certified nurse-midwife
- The ins and outs of apprenticeship
- Getting the midwifery education resources you’ll need
You’ll be able to read articles such as:
- Obtaining an Education
- Becoming an Apprentice: What Do Midwives Look for?
- Facing Reality: How to Begin Your Midwifery Career
- Becoming a Holistic Traditional Midwife
- Quantum Midwifery
- Becoming a CNM: Four Stories from One Midwife’s Experience
- Author: Multiple authors
- Number of Pages: 272
- Format and Binding: Paper—perfect bound
- Book Dimensions: 6 inches x 9 inches
- Publisher: Midwifery Today
- Publication Date: 2010