Produced by Penny Simkin, PT
Watch and learn as Penny shows you exactly how and when to use more than 40 different comfort measures for women in labor. These techniques, along with a helpful, confident partner and/or doula, are the tools necessary to help women labor without medication.
Practice along with expecting guest couples as they learn the techniques in each of the DVD’s four sections:
- Basic relaxation and rhythmic breathing
- Comfort measures, devices and positions
- Techniques to help with back pain and labor progress
- Positions and techniques for pushing and birth
The detailed interactive menu allows you to choose exactly what you want to watch—the entire DVD, a single section or even a single comfort measure to learn or review.
Comfort Measures for Childbirth is must-viewing for expecting parents, childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, doctors, and for students in nursing, midwifery and medical school.
Penny Simkin is a physical therapist, childbirth educator, doula and internationally respected expert on non-drug approaches to labor pain. This completely new DVD replaces the VHS version previously available.
- Length: 91 minutes
- Number of Discs: 1
- Distributor: Penny Simkin
- Format: NTSC ( playable in the US, Canada, and other countries )