On the Cover
- Precious essences—Marie Miczak
Essential oils for labor and birth.
- Posterior Labor: A Pain in the Back—Valerie El Halta
Ways to correct the condition with minimal intervention.
- Making a difference—Betty E. Walter
An at-home mom is the most central role model in her child’s life.
- The role of nutrition in preterm labor—Anne Frye
Preterm labor and inadequate maternal nutrition are linked.
- The Night of My Labor—Linda Kemp
A humorous take-off on the classic holiday poem.
- Death before life—Jennifer Hall
A midwife cares for a couple with an intrauterine death.
- No more cranberry juice!—Sharon Glass Jonquil
A teen-ager pregnant with twins is diagnosed with pyelonephritis.
- Tragic histories—Candace Whitridge
Safe environments help teen-agers open up to caregivers.
- Stopping the cycle—Chellisa Brown
Domestic violence and teen mothers.
- Prematurity—Sharon Glass Jonquil
Risk factors, causes and treatments.
- Premature babes—Judy Edmunds
Birth stories from a homebirth midwife.
- Too small, too soon—Valerie El Halta
Identifying the woman at risk for prematurity.
- Island hopping—Toni Romp-Friesen
This Hawaiian midwife has the best of both worlds.
- Little Black Book—Sharon Glass Jonquil
Preterm labor page for your notebook.
- Weaving a web of birth information—Donna Dolezal Zelzer
Birth information on the World Wide Web.
- The most supportive things—Gloria J. Lemay
Women reflect on the things that helped during their labors.
- Posterior or transverse—Marjorie Dacko
We “listened in” on an online chat.
- Courageous or foolhardy?—Jude Kurokawa
Hands-on “practice” with a precipitous breech birth.
- Editor’s Page
- Tricks of the Trade
- Marion’s Message
- Question of the Quarter
- Media Reviews
- Journal Abstracts
- Classified Advertising
- In My Opinion
- Photo Album