Alison Higgs moved to southern Australia from New Zealand and finds the differences fascinating. She tells us, “Even though we are neighbours it is as if we are in different decades.” She was a self-employed midwife in New Zealand in remote rural areas for 16 years and is now employed in a very remote part of South Australia. She has worked in tertiary units and primary units thus developing a broad experience in midwifery.
- Mullumbimby Birth Centre—rural, freestanding birth center
- Homebirth Access Sydney
- The Maternity Coalition
- Women’s Information Service
- Women’s Health Victoria
- Birth International
- Homebirth Australia
- Home Midwifery Association (QLD) Inc
- The New South Wales Midwives Association
- Australian Women’s Health Network (AWHN)
- La Leche League—Australia Chapter
- Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond—Jane Palmer
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
- The International College of Spiritual Midwifery (I.C.S.M.)
- Australian College of Midwives, Inc.
- Royal College of Nursing
- Capers Birth and Midwifery Books
- What Women Want—The political party for Australian women
If you would like to be a country contact, please fill out the form here.