Midwifery Today Conference
Bad Wildbad, Germany, 21–25 October 2015
“Pillars of Midwifery: Insight, Information and Intuition”
We have some fun and different activities planned as well. One is a roundtable lunch with one of our teachers discussing a subject they are passionate about! Debra Pascali-Bonaro will lead the International Motherbaby Childbirth Organization meeting (IMBCI) 10 am to 4 pm on 20 October, the day before the conference, as well as a Doula Meeting 7 to 10 pm on 21 October; both are free events; please join us. Cornelia Enning will conduct Waterbaby Day the day after the conference on 26 October.
Learn from These Inspiring Speakers
Please click linked names to view speaker biographies.
Attend These Exciting and Informative Classes!
These are some of the topics we plan to present at the conference. Please see the conference program for the complete list of classes.
- A Day with Ibu Robin Lim: MotherBaby and BirthKeepers in a Changing World
- Human Rights Issue: Premature Cord Cutting with Robin Lim
- Magical Beginnings (full-day class with Fernando Molina)
- Comfort Measures for Midwives and Doulas (full-day class with Debra Pascali-Bonaro)
- Midwifery Skills (full-day class)
- Handling Birth Complications in Waterbirth
- Alternatives to Suturing and Tear Prevention
- Reclaiming Our Autonomy through Style of Practice
- Alternative Remedies for the Childbearing Year
- Birth Is a Human Rights Issue
- Sore Boobies and Bottoms
- And many more rich classes!
Waterbaby Day is happening Monday, 26 October 2015. Germany Waterbaby parents will demonstrate Neonatal Watertraining, Sauna for Motherbaby and Babyswimming. Register at the conference at the “Wasserbabies” desk or e-mail Cornelia Enning email@example.com.
75323 Bad Wildbad, Germany
Tel. during conference (for urgent use only): +49 7081 303265
Please note: The Kurhaus does not have sleeping rooms.
Bad Wildbad is a picturesque spa town located in the beautiful Black Forest region of Southern Germany. There are thermal spas located next to the Kurhaus, where the conference is being held. Conference registrants may purchase a spa pass for €37 (valid 21–26 October) for the “Vital Therme” and the “Palais Thermal,” which include a wide variety of saunas, steam baths and thermal pools. Single entrance spa fees are €10 for three hours/€12,50 for the day for the “Vital Therme”; €21,50 for four hours/€25 for the day for the “Palais Thermal”.
There are many charming hotels, bed and breakfasts, and hostels in a peaceful, alpine setting, in all price ranges. If you are taking the train or are without a car let them know you want to be within walking distance of the Kurhaus. You may click here to view and print out the Accommodations Reservation Form. IMPORTANT: Please send the Accommodations Reservation Form to the Reservations Office indicated at the bottom of the form.
Contact for assistance in booking:Bad Wildbad Hotels—Booking Service Reservation Office:
Touristik Bad Wildbad GmbH
Postfach 10 03 26
75314 Bad Wildbad, Germany
Tel.: +49 7081 10280
Fax: +49 7081 10290
Cancel before 31 August 2015 to avoid cancellation charge. (Note: This cancellation deadline applies to accommodations only. For cancellation of conference fees and refund policies, see the registration form.)
How to Reach Bad Wildbad
By car: Take Highway A8, Exit “Pforzheim West.” From the exit Bad Wildbad is signed.
By airplane: Follow the directions below from the airport to Pforzheim. In Pforzheim change to Shuttle-Train “S6” to Bad Wildbad.
- Arrival at Frankfurt International Airport (FRA, 160 km):
Take train from Airport Railway Station to Karlsruhe. In Karlsruhe take train to Pforzheim.
- Arrival at Stuttgart International Airport (STR, 60 km):
Take Shuttle-Train from Airport Station to Stuttgart Main Station. In Stuttgart change to train to Pforzheim.
- Arrival in Munich (MUC, 220 km): Take Railway to Pforzheim.
- Arrival in Zurich (ZRH, 230 km):
Take Railway to Stuttgart. In Stuttgart change to train to Pforzheim.
- Arrival at Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport (Baden-Airpark) (50 km) (for flights within Europe): Take Railway to Pforzheim.