Midwifery Today Conference
Bad Wildbad, Germany • 20–24 October 2004
“Reclaiming the Art of Midwifery”
Confirmed speakers include:
Classes will include the following topics.
- Women-Centered Midwifery Education – Panel (Full-day class)
- Breech and Twins Workshop – Mabel Dzata (Full-day class)
- Improving Your Practice with Research, Insights and Realities – Michel Odent (Full-day class)
- Family-Centered Midwifery in Hospital Birth – Panel (Full-day class)
- Intuition in Birth Care – Elizabeth Davis
- Open and Closed Thinking Systems – Robbie Davis-Floyd
- Midwifery Techniques from Mexico – Naolí Vinaver
- Shoulder Dystocia – Judy Edmunds
- Mother-Assisted Birth: A New Standard of Care – Cornelia Enning
- Posterior Babies – Judy Edmunds and Mabel Dzata
- Sexuality in Pregnancy and Childbirth – Elizabeth Davis
- About Dehumanizing Birth – Michel Odent
- Hemorrhage: Prevention and Management – Mabel Dzata
- Handling Birth Complications in Waterbirth – Cornelia Enning
- Hands-On Care: Midwifery as Handicraft – Ina May Gaskin and Naolí Vinaver
75323 Bad Wildbad, Germany
Tel. during conference (for urgent use only): +49 7081 303265
Please note: the Kurhaus does not have sleeping rooms.
Bad Wildbad is a spa town in the Black Forest. There are thermal spas next to the Kurhaus. Conference registrants are being offered a pass to use the spas for five days (20–24 October) for 25 Euro. It includes the free use of the two different thermal spas, the “thermalbad” and the “palais thermal” which include a wide variety of saunas and steam baths, thermal pools and watergymnastics. In addition, conference registrants are being offered a discount of 10% on all wellness treatments like massages, mud- or cream-baths. www.staatsbad-wildbad.de or www.palais-thermal.de.
There are many charming hotels, bed and breakfasts, and hostels in a peaceful, alpine setting, in all price ranges. If you are taking the train or are without a car let them know you want to be within walking distance of the Kurhaus. An Accommodations Reservation Form will be mailed with your conference confirmation. Optionally, you may click here to view and print out the form now. IMPORTANT: Please send the Accommodations Reservation Form to the Reservations Office indicated at the bottom of the form.
Contact for assistance in booking:
Bad Wildbad Hotels – Booking Service
Tel.: 49 7081 10280, Fax: 49 7081 10290
Post: Reise-und Verkehrsburo Bad Wildbad
Postfach 75314 Bad Wildbad, Germany
Cancel before August 31, 2004 to avoid cancellation charge. (Note: This cancellation deadline applies to accommodations only. For cancellation of conference fees and refund policies.)
Leo Sorger practicing on Naolí Vinaver
Heartfelt closing ceremony
Michel Odent as the quintessential midwife knitting
Midwives’ Cabaret—singing a song from their country
Naolí Vinaver and Cornelia Enning
Jan with fire eater Lara Stockbridge
Jan loves Bad Wilbad!
Lara doing her fire show
Woman in Stuttgart
Aspiring midwives enjoying the conference!
- I just want to tell you how wonderful it was to be with such rich, exciting and interesting people, full of faith and enthusiasm! Thank you for the work you are doing in organizing such conferences. —Agnes Keller, Germany 2004 Conference Attendee