Midwifery Today Conference
“Birthing with Love Changes the World”
Eugene, Oregon • March 18–22, 2015
JOIN US! There is still plenty of space to register for this important event.
Welcome to Eugene! Out of all the conferences Midwifery Today has hosted, “Birthing with Love Changes the World” is my favorite theme. As the 1960s song says, “What the world needs now is love, sweet love.” This couldn't be more appropriate as we are learning via research how important pregnancy and birth are to the foundation of a loving person. The theme was birthed from a visit to Diego Alarcon, who is joining us for the first time as a conference speaker. While visiting Diego and seeing his practice in Ecuador, we decided to have him come and teach with us in Eugene because he and his staff manifest so much love in their practice. All of our teachers manifest love and teach so well that this promises to be an excellent event!
We look forward to seeing you at this amazing conference to learn, share, love, gain insights and become renewed in your calling. I believe there is no higher calling than helping motherbaby get off to a beautiful start. We know you will gain knowledge from the best teachers in the midwifery field.
We design our conferences to bring you the newest and best information and to enable you to make new friends. This event, we hope, will renew your interest and enthusiasm for helping families as well as adding positively to your own journey. Mark your calendar—we look forward to seeing you there!
Learn from These Inspiring Speakers!
Please click the names to view speaker biographies.
- Diego Alarcon
- Elizabeth Davis
- Robbie Davis-Floyd
- Patricia Edmonds
- Carol Gautschi
- Gail Hart
- Cynthia Luxford
- Angelina Martinez Miranda
- Marion Toepke McLean
- Fernando Molina
- Sister MorningStar
- Yeshi Neumann
- Michel Odent
- Vicki Penwell
- Eneyda Spradlin-Ramos
- Suzanne Thomson
- Jan Tritten
- Gail Tully
- LaRee Westover
Attend These Exciting and Informative Classes!
Please see the conference program for the complete list of classes.
- Midwifery Skills—full-day class
- Spinning Babies Workshop—full-day class
- Breech Birth—full-day class
- Loving Pregnancy and Birth Care—full-day class
- Essential Oils—full-day class
- A Day with Michel Odent
- Midwives: A Loving Response to Disaster
- Hemorrhage and Estimating Blood Loss
- Mexican Traditions and Techniques—full-day class
Continuing Education Units
ACNM, MEAC and the Oregon Board of Naturopathic Examiners (OBNE) specialty credits will be applied for. CEU fees are indicated on the conference registration form.
Conference Location and Accommodations
The conference will be held at Hilton Eugene and Conference Center. The hotel, which was also the venue for our 2013 conference, is located in the center of Eugene’s downtown district.
Hilton Eugene and Conference Center
66 E. 6th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
Phone: +1-541-342-2000 or 800-937-6660
Located just off the I-5 corridor, in the heart of downtown Eugene, the hotel is adjacent to the Hult Center for the Performing Arts, 12 miles from the Eugene airport and minutes away from the University of Oregon. Within walking distance of the hotel you will find numerous excellent restaurants and the Fifth Street Public Market. Guests benefit from many amenitites and services, including complimentary round-trip shuttle to and from the airport. Enjoy the Share Wine Lounge and Small Plate Bistro inside the Hilton Hotel featuring local and sustainable cuisine, Northwest wines and microbrews. Guestroom key allows access to the indoor pool and exercise facility.
Hotel price and booking: Registrants who call the Hilton Eugene directly at +1-541-342-2000 or 800-937-6660 by March 2, 2015, will receive the discounted rate. (Discounted rooms may be limited, so book early for best results.) Reservations made after this date are subject to space and rate availability. You must mention that you are participating in the Midwifery Today conference to receive the discounted room rate of $119.00 for a standard single/double room or $129.00 for a standard triple/quad room. No more than four people are allowed in a room. All rooms are subject to state and local taxes (currently 10.5%) per room, per night. Group rates will be extended two days prior and two days following the conference dates, based on availability. The hotel accepts requests for room types (e.g., kings, queens) at the time of reservation; however, they cannot guarantee their availability upon arrival.
Hotel cancellation: Cancellations must be received two days prior to arrival or one night room and tax will be charged. There is an early departure fee of $75.00. To avoid the fee guests must advise the hotel at or before check-in if they need to check out early.
Parking at the Hilton Eugene: Hotel guests in the Midwifery Today group will receive complimentary overnight hotel self-parking. For attendees not staying at the Hilton Eugene, parking fees are $2.00 per hour up to $15.00 maximum per day, valet service at $20.00 and oversize vehicles at $50.00 per day.
Staying at the Hilton Eugene makes the most sense if you are traveling from outside the area, because conference days are long, and it’s fun to relax with other participants at the end of the day. If you need other hotel information however, or other general information about the Eugene-Springfield area, contact the Eugene Chamber of Commerce at +1-541-484-1314.
Directions to the Hilton Eugene and Conference Center
- By Car: Driving north or south on Interstate 5, take exit 194B. Go west for about one mile; take Exit 1. Merge left and follow signs to “City Center/U of O.” Get into the right lane, cross the river and then take the downtown exit for The Hult Center/6th Avenue. Get in the left lane. The Hilton Eugene will be one block ahead on your left. The entrance to the underground parking lot is just past the hotel’s main entrance.
- Amtrak: The train station is just two blocks from the Hilton Eugene. From the station, walk south to 6th Avenue. The hotel will be across the street, to your left.
- Airline: Eugene is serviced by Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier and United airlines.
Read What Others Have Experienced at Midwifery Today Conferences
“The most amazing, soul-filling, heart-bursting, loving conference. I am filled to the brim.”
“This conference affirmed my path and helped to give me the confidence to walk down it. Thank you!”
“Quality for my time and energy away from family. Worth the money to come.”
– Attendees at the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 2012 Conference
- Keep up to date with conference news on Facebook.
- To receive a printed program by mail, please e-mail us with your request.
- Attend other Midwifery Today Conferences around the world!
- Children at the Conference: Mothers may sit with babes in arms in the classrooms. However, out of respect for others, and because we are recording some of the classes, if a baby makes any noise, we must ask mother and baby to leave the room. Attendees must make their own arrangements for childcare.